Do you guys remember when I blogged about The Army of TEN? Well, I have another great opportunity, similar to that! This is a group formed around the book My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century by Rachel Harris. Here is some info from Ms. Harris’ blog:
Ever dreamed of being a character in a book? Actually LIVING inside the pages? Well, you may just get your chance…
My Super Sweet Street Team, The Flirt Squad, has been in full swing for a couple months now, and we’ve been having a blast. It’s a fun and easy way to earn prizes and get to know other YA Authors! (clickhere for more info on that.)
And now, just for the month of October, I’m taking it up another notch!
As always, ANYONE who earns 500 points by November 1st will be entered to become a character in my current project, a YA Contemporary Thriller, REARVIEW MIRROR, releasing next December. And I don’t just mean your name in the book…. I mean the way you look, the way you act, everything. You can even decide if you are a good guy or a bad guy! =D
Since I’ll be drawing the winner’s name November 1st, I want to give everyone a chance to be entered who is interested, so I’m changing up the previous rules and adding a few more things this month.
AND, to sweeten the deal even more, I’m giving away a SIGNED Copy of My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century AND a Skype or telephone chat (that may or may not include other YA authors, too!)
**Every Flirt Squad member, regardless of when you joined, will be entered into this contest**
Read on for all the new info. Please read carefully as point values are increasing and new items have been added!
How to Earn Points in October
1. Tweet any of the following ( +5 per tweet, only one of these tweets counted per day!! Post link in doc):
- Wanna be a character in @RachelHarrisYA ‘s future book? Join the #FlirtSquad to find out how #16C
- Unleash YOUR Inner Flirt, read My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century by @RachelHarrisYA #16C
- Swooning over Lorenzo in #16C
- Best Sweet Sixteen ever! #16C @RachelHarrisYA
- 21st century girl, 16th century boy. Italian accents. Renaissance art. Best. Birthday. Ever. #MySuperSweet16thCentury http://amzn.to/NJIdZS
- 21st century girl, 16th century boy. Italian accents. Renaissance art. Best. Birthday. Ever. #MySuperSweet16thCentury http://bit.ly/wzxFfC
2. Retweet any posts about the book or my upcoming book tour from me (@RachelHarrisYA) or any of my peeps’ (+5 point per retweet, one per day only, let me know in doc)
3. Like the My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century Series Facebook Fan Page (+10, let me know on doc. Yes, if you already liked it, this counts!)
4. Post pictures, favorite lines, or thoughts about the book or Super Sweet series, or simply interact with me on the series FB Page OR on Twitter (+2 per post, one per day. If you tweet it, please include the #16C or #MySuperSweet16thCentury hashtags or @RachelHarrisYA)
5. Like my Facebook Author Page (+10, let me know on doc. Yes, if you already liked it, this counts!)
6. Put the cover of My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century as your avatar on FB and Twitter (+10 for the first site the avatar is placed and +5 for each additional, post link on doc)
7. Buy My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century! If YOU order it OR get a friend/family member/acquaintance to do so, email me a copy of the receipt (Flirtsquad@gmail.com) and you get (+30) for each book sold!
8. Send me a picture of you, your kids, or your pets reading or holding My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century(+25 points)
9. Blog About the Flirt Squad, what it’s about, and why you think others have to join *grin* (+10, must post link in the doc)
10. Mention the Flirt Squad on Facebook (+10, post link to the doc)
11. Write an honest review for Goodreads once you read the book (all reviews count!!) (+10, post link on doc)
12. Write an honest review for Amazon, Barnes and Noble, or any retail outlet (all reviews count!!) (+20 first review, +10 each additional retail site you post it. Post link on doc)
13. Recruit subscribers to my Newsletter–see sidebar (+15 for anyone who signs up and mentions your name as referral. Can only earn points for this once)
14. Promote My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century on Facebook by posting Amazon, Barnes and Noble, or any other retail buy page links in a status (+15, Only one link per day by any social media **update** and let me know on the doc)
15. Add my Book Trailer (click the link) to your Blog, Website, or Facebook account (+15, leave the link for proof)
16. Recommending My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century to your friends on Goodreads (+20, take a screen shot and email it to FlirtSquad@gmail.com)
17. Post the above Flirt Squad button, or any of the Super Sweet Character buttons (see sidebar) on your own sidebar (+5 for first button, +2 for each additional)
18. Email a friend or YA book loving family member and ask them to join the Flirt Squad ( + 25 for all future *active* members when they join, make sure they email me at FlirtSquad@gmail.com and mention that you referred them so you can get the points!)
A quick recap of what’s up for grabs:
- First level (25 points): A Super Sweet bookmark and tattoo
- Second level (75 points): All prizes above PLUS a set of trading cards (your very own pocket-sized Lorenzo and Cat!), and a Super Sweet bracelet
- Third level (150 points): All prizes above PLUS your name in the acknowledgements of book 2 in the Super Sweet series, A TALE OF TWO CENTURIES
- Fourth level (250 points): All prizes above PLUS a special note from me inviting you to the sequel to My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, A TALE OF TWO CENTURIES, including a special sneak peek!
- ALL Participants who Reach Fifth Level (500 points): All prizes above PLUS an entry into a drawing to make a special appearance as a character in a future book.
- AND ALL Squad Members, Regardless of points accrued: Entered into a drawing for a signed copy of MY SUPER SWEET SIXTEENTH CENTURY, Plus a Skype or telephone chat (may or may not include other YA authors!)
Those of you who know me, know that I live on Twitter. So to join me in the fun, use the hashtags #FlirtSquad, #MySuperSweet16thCentury, or #16C.
Awesome! I Wanna Join… But How??
Simply leave a comment below with your email address OR email me at FlirtSquad@gmail.com. I’ll be contacting you shortly with the form to keep point totals and everything you need to know to get started!
Get Your Flirt On!
When you join, please say you were referred by Maddie M!