Her is what she had to say!
1) Was there a particular book/series/author that inspired you to start writing?
Yes, and it makes me sound like a jerk. After I read the Twilight series, I thought to myself “If this chick can get published then I can get published.” What I didn’t realize is that Stephenie Meyer just made writing look easy, because it in fact, is NOT easy. I’ve since learned that easy reading is hard writing!
2) Do you draw inspiration from pop culture (TV Shows, Video Games, Movies, etc), and if so, which ones?
When I wrote my new adult romance Degrees of Wrong, I took a lot of the underwater ship’s details from SeaQuest DSV–a TV show I watched as a teen. I also got the inspiration for the Syrena Legacy series from watching ocean documentaries. And whenever I want to get in a certain mood for a certain writing scene, I play music that fits the scene. Works like a charm.
3) If you could live anywhere (any time era, and place), where would it be?
I would live in the 1700s in England. They adored plump pale chicks back then, so I could have totally married into royalty. Mr. Darcy here I come! 🙂
4) If you had 24hrs to do ANYTHING you wanted,what would you do?
This is a great question, so I’m trying to think of something that doesn’t expose me as the lame person I am. Right now I’m desperately wanting to visit the Smithsonian Museum, so I would have to say that I would spend my 24 hours wandering around there, and hopefully getting inspiration for my next book!
5) You’re trapped on an island, but were allowed to bring one person, one food, and one object. Which would you choose?
I would bring Galen, beef jerky, and toilet paper. Toilet paper’s important.
Thank you Ms.Banks for taking the time to answer my questions!
And lastly, a GIVEAWAY! I have some pretty awesome swag to giveaway! Enter on the rafflecopter below. USA only, sorry international readers!